Submit today! email@example.com
We welcome unpublished submissions that are focused on Africa-related content and/or writers and artists.
1. Submit your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Our Editors will review your submissions.
3. An editor will contact you informing you of whether you’re approved for submission.
4. Once approved, submit your picture and bio (no longer than 100 words) to the corresponding editor as soon as possible.
5. Begin promoting to all of your contacts your work by inviting them to like our page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/penciltribe, following us on twitter at www.twitter.com/penciltribe and having your friends do the same, tweeting about the site and/or retweeting our tweets, and sharing our website with your contacts!
1. Written Works: Written works must be submitted in Word (.doc, docx), Plain Text (.txt), or Web Page (.html) formats. Please keep submissions to fewer than 3000 words.
2. Reviews: We accept reviews of books, movies, theatre productions, and exhibits. Please keep submissions to fewer than 3000 words.
3. Media: We accept high quality photography, art, animation, and film & video pieces. Film and video pieces will be uploaded to our YouTube channel as well as our website.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who can submit to Pencil Tribe?
We accept submissions from all people who have a love for and interest in Africa. Please submit your pieces to email@example.com.
What types of pieces does Pencil Tribe accept?
We accept any work you create that can be placed on a website and/or print. This includes, but is not limited to social commentary, documentaries, animation, poetry, essays, fiction and nonfiction writing, photography, and movie & book reviews.
How often is Pencil Tribe released?
We are currently publishing monthly issues of the magazine, which are released at the beginning of each month. We update the site with weekly editorials from one of our amazing editors.
Have more questions? Please contact our EIC Yvette at Yvette@penciltribe.com.